CLASSIFIEDS -- Guidelines for posting:
- Ads will be posted for 30 days. Please let us know if your items sell.
- Up to 3 items with descriptions per ad. We will post a bullet list of more if only items and prices are listed.
- One photo per item. You can opt to provide a single link to whatever site you may have pics on (Picasa, Flikr, etc).
- Please keep text to no more than 100 words. We may edit longer listings to manage space.
- Listings are not limited to members only, though please consider joining the Guild if you choose to use this service.
- To post an ad, send e-mail to Send an e-mail to Classifieds.
- Meet in a neutral place. NOT your home.
- Bring a friend or ensure its a public place with people there.
- Accept only cash.
Shop Tools for Sale
I have the following tools for sale:
- Makita Miter 10" Saw Model LS1013, in great condition, little used. $150
And the following Jorgenson bar clamps:
- Six 48" Steel I-Bar Clamps $35 each, all for $210
- Six 30" HD steel bar clamp $25 each, all $150
- Two 24" steel bar clamp $20 each, both for $40
- Two 18" steel bar clamp $15, both for $30
- Total all clamps: $430.
Click HERE for images of these items.
Contact: Robert Iverson at 763.245.4933 or email@example.com
For Sale: Old Growth Timbers
We have three old growth timbers from a farm in Eastern Kansas. A family member hand hewn into beautiful square timbers. We are using one for a fireplace mantle and have these three remaining:
And there are more where these came from so if you're in the market for a specific size, let me know and we'll see what we can do!
Contact: Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Sale: A Tom Schrunk Original - His 16' wooden fishing boat!
This was a "Featured Attraction" at the 1991 Minnesota Boat Show.
- WEST (wood epoxy saturation technique) throughout.
- 40 hp Mariner motor, Shorelander trailer w new tires.
- Interior carpet needs renewing.
- Note the marquetry along the inside panel. More photos available.
Contact: Tom Schrunk at (612) 788-3328.
Cabinet Job: Craftsman Sought
My husband and I have some wood from cabinets (that we had remodeled into shelves) that we would like to re-use to make into a table top.
The tabletop would be in the same space as some of the remaining cabinets so the table and cabinets wood would match (that's our idea at least).
We'd be interested in discussing this with a Guild member looking to take on a job for pay. We live in Eden Prairie.
If interested, contact Marguerite Slavik at 303-889-9614.
For Sale: Bosch Chop Saw & Forrest Blade
Bosch 3915 10" Dual Compound Miter Saw
Forrest 10" Chopmaster Blade
$300 Cash if you take both.
Contact: Bill Hunt at email@example.com
BEST WAY TO LEARN? TEACH!!
One of the best kept secrets in town is the Edina Community Woodshop, managed by Edina Community Education. This well-equipped shop offers an affordable place for hobbyists and even professionals to pursue their interest. Open to the public since 1982, over 100 men, women and kids make use of this shop every quarter.
The Guild is looking to start a partnership with Edina Community Education by helping to offer 2 and 3 day evening or weekend classes taught by members. At a July meeting with Guild board members we decided to try partnering on a couple of classes. Two projects seemed like a good start: For power tools, a mid-sized picture frame with mitred, splined corners. For handtools, a basic dovetailed box with a lid.
We are open to any other projects that a member would like to teach. You will receive a stipend for teaching based on the number of students and the length of the class, typically in the $25 per hour range. Materials costs will be covered by the class fee charged to participants.
The shop has a range of equipment including: 3 tablesaws (including a SawStop); two bandsaws; a jointer and planer; radial and chop saws; a TimeSaver and several benchtop sanders and handtools.
This is a great chance to share your knowledge and become familiar with an excellent resource. Learn more about the Edina Community Woodshop here.
If interested, contact:
- Cheryl Gunness, Adult Enrichment & Community Involvement Manager
- Edina Public Schools/Edina Community Education
- Cheryl.Gunness@edinaschools.org or call 952-848-3952
Questions? Contact a Guild Board member or David Lane (firstname.lastname@example.org).